Whether you have budding hopes to make it on the stage of Broadway, or you’ve got your sights set on being Hollywood’s next big acting star, there’s something you’ll have to do first, and that’s to attend drama school.
If you’re currently researching drama schools, you might be wondering which is the most prestigious in the world.
Generally speaking, the answer to that question will likely change depending on the person you ask!
However, The Juilliard School is considered by many to be the best drama school in the world, ever since it was founded back in 1905.
Despite this, there’s a variety of other drama schools that are great places to study, especially if you have plans to become an actor.
At the time of writing, here’s a quick list of the top 12 prestigious schools in the world right now:
- The Juilliard School, New York
- Tisch School of the Arts, New York
- Carnegie Mellon
- USC School of Dramatic Arts
- California Institute of the Arts
- Syracuse University School of Drama
- Yale University School of Drama
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
- National Institute of Dramatic Art
- The Actors Studio at Pace University
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts
More importantly, however, instead of focusing on trying to land a spot at one of the most prestigious acting schools in the world, you might find it more useful to base your decision on what the schools are known for, and how they can best help you successfully enter the line of work you are wanting to down.
For example, The Juilliard School is one of the best for those looking to gain all-around acting experience, while the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art is one of the best schools to attend if you want to specialize in performing on the stage.